Featured Art Deco Cobalt Blue Glass Vase ID

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Diggummup, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Diggummup

Diggummup Well-Known Member

I've never been able to attribute this piece to a maker or country of origin for that matter. I've had this for about 20 years now. I do a search every few years trying to find another but no luck so far. It looks Art Deco in appearance to me. It has some age to it as evidenced by the honest wear on the bottom. It's a thick, sturdy piece. It stands 8" tall, had a 2 5/8" diameter base and a 3 7/8" diameter top. Any thoughts? Thanks.

IMG_8019 (990x1280).jpg IMG_8028 (1280x1005) (2).jpg

IMG_8022 (1173x1280).jpg IMG_8027 (1280x1215).jpg

judy, aaroncab, Pat P and 4 others like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

nice clean lines......:happy:

Diggummup and i need help like this.
  3. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Nice vase. :)

It does have an Art Deco look to me, but also makes me think of both the '50s through the '70s?

4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Slko. That's a typical Sklo Union base and the form is also very familiar. 1960s ish, and blowed if I can recall who made it.

Figtree3, Bronwen, dgbjwc and 4 others like this.
  5. Diggummup

Diggummup Well-Known Member

Thank you! That was what I needed!
    I found out who made it. I believe it was done by Miloš Filip at Nemsova Glassworks in 1962, pattern number 2002. Pressed glass. This vase came in a couple sizes I guess? I notice the one shown on the Sklo Union website is 10" tall and has a narrower top opening.

I have found others now that are 8" tall like mine. However, none in cobalt.

ps- I realized I wrote down the wrong measurements for the base and opening in my original post. It should have been 2 7/8" and 4 5/8".

Figtree3, Bronwen, dgbjwc and 2 others like this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

There you go. I've got the books somewhere, I'll have a look, but I suspect some colours aren't documented.

7. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

I was looking at work by Czech artist Jiri Zejmon yesterday, but thought it looked put together more like the green piece below on Chairish (no id).Very nice! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Diggummup, Bronwen and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted