Featured Art Deco or reproduction green stone bracelet? Thoughts welcome!

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Eils14, Jul 5, 2022.

1. Eils14

Eils14 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I picked up this bracelet in a job lot and I haven't had one quite like this before with all the individual panels on a chain. The chain makes it interesting to put on, as the panels have a tendency to flip over but once it is on it is lovely. It definitely seems to me to be in the Art Deco style due to the etching on the sides of the panels, but is it from that era and is it a modern or original piece?

Also I am trying to determine what the green stones are in the panels, there are some nibbles at the edges, so does it seem like glass or something else?

Any thoughts you may have on this lovely bracelet and its composition, origins and age would be most welcome! TIA

IMG_1727.JPG IMG_1730.JPG IMG_1729.JPG IMG_1733.JPG IMG_1734.JPG IMG_1735.JPG

KSW, kyratango, lovewrens and 6 others like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It is original Art Deco period, and lovely.
    They look like glass to me. Glass was used a lot in the Art Deco period, often very beautifully.

Gus Tuason, KSW, kyratango and 4 others like this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

That is a pretty bracelet. And interesting construction.

Debora

Gus Tuason, KSW, kyratango and 2 others like this.
  4. Eils14

Eils14 Well-Known Member

Thank you @Any Jewelry and @Debora for your replies, I really like the bracelet too! :shame:

I am very glad to know it's original and made from glass; the chain had thrown me having not seen the like before, so it definitely seems unusual to me too in its construction! I am definitely happy I bought the job lot for it now! :smuggrin:

KSW, kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Thirded on proper Deco. The construction is superb. Bet it's Czech.

Eils14, KSW and kyratango like this.
  6. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

Tiny chains are a special fascination for me, and the one you have that connects the individual bracelet panels is a very nice example. Thanks for the look!

Eils14, KSW and kyratango like this.
  7. Eils14

Eils14 Well-Known Member

ooh, that would be great if it's Czech. It must have taken quite a bit of work to create that tiny chain, hadn't really thought of it until your comment above @wlwhittier :)

I am very glad this is an original piece and so I shall definitely be keeping and wearing this one!! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted