Featured Art Deco (?) Perfume and opalescent perfume bottles

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by KikoBlueEyes, Mar 7, 2021.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for a quick answer, so I would appreciate @bercrystal coming to my rescue. I purchased two perfume bottles - one that is supposed to be Art Deco. It is cut and enameled. He had only this one. It looks like the ones that are called Art Deco, but I don't know. The need for speed is that I have arranged to go back this morning. He has several like the second blue opalescent bottle in different colors. Are these older? Any comments appreciated.

IMG_9469.jpg IMG_9470.jpg IMG_9467.jpg IMG_9461.JPG IMG_9460.JPG IMG_9463.JPG IMG_9462.JPG IMG_9464.JPG

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Figtree3, KSW, pearlsnblume and 2 others like this.
  3. KikoBlueEyes

INH Thanks so much for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss: I am off in an hour, but the base looks same shape. I just didn't want to buy new. The company who made the atomizer isn't what is important to me, it's the glass. I think he has a couple more. Yippee!

KSW, pearlsnblume and Houseful like this.
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Maybe Bercrystal will be along before then, I haven’t found many others.

KSW, pearlsnblume and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  5. KikoBlueEyes

I very much appreciate your help. I’m not a perfume bottle collector I’m more of a glass appreciator. Becrystal can usually identify the approximate age by the atomizer. It’s not like he's asking a lot so the gamble is worth the risk.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  6. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Your first one does look from likely 1930s & my SWAG is Czechoslovakian.

The second one is a bottle used by both DeVilbiss & others. The sticker on the bottom of it looks like an Irice importer one. I am not sure but the hardware looks possibly 1950s to 1970s.

I have a few examples of this bottle with DeVilbiss hardware & an Irice one with a pushdown type hardware with a large glass stone on top of the hardware.

7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That fitment on the blue is much more modern, too. He might have put a new puffer on.

The Deco one looks good. Bohemian makes sense, they did love that black and clear combo.

8. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Love the Art Deco one!!!!!!!

KSW, pearlsnblume and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  9. KikoBlueEyes

Thanks so much for getting back to me. Unfortunately, he had sold the similar ones by the time I went back. I am very happy that the first one is true art deco. I am happy about the Irice attribution. I just didn't want to buy modern reproductions at vintage prices.

10. KikoBlueEyes

OBB You're a doll for responding to my urgent request. He had a lot of perfume bottles mostly naked. The fitment might have come from someone's reuse of the bottle.

11. KikoBlueEyes

I grabbed it immediately on the first day. I was unfamiliar with the style of bottle, but I thought it looked interesting.

KSW, pearlsnblume and i need help like this.
  12. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Especially love the first one. What is it missing: cap; stopper; atomizer?

13. KikoBlueEyes

The first one is a stunner, I agree. I have to do some research but I think a stopper. At least from what I've seen so far.

pearlsnblume, i need help and Bronwen like this.
  14. KikoBlueEyes

This is why I think a stopper:
    [​IMG]

Bronwen and pearlsnblume like this.
  15. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Very nice. I love the first one so much.

Bronwen, KikoBlueEyes and i need help like this.
  16. KikoBlueEyes

It's gorgeous, isn't it. I'm glad I could share it. Thank you.

Bronwen, i need help and pearlsnblume like this.
  17. bercrystal

I think it is missing an atomizer as I think I see a threaded spot inside the metal portion. I can see if I have any chrome hardware that would be appropriate for the bottle if you want. I bought a huge lot of atomizer parts a while back.

18. KikoBlueEyes

That would be sensational. I would be ever so grateful.

bercrystal and Bronwen like this.
  19. bercrystal

You are very welcome!! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

I will PM you when I have a chance to dig through the boxes in a couple of days. :happy:

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  20. KikoBlueEyes

That will be wonderful!

bercrystal likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted