Featured Art Glass Paperweight Sculpture Signature help

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by laura9797, Oct 31, 2022.

1. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

Happy Halloween! I have a 9 1/2 inch HEAVY art glass triangular/tear drop form paperweight sculpture that is signed. I can not figure out the name. I thought it was going to be Adam Jablonski when I saw it but definitely not that signature. Thank you for any help! IMG_7265.jpg IMG_7266.jpg IMG_7267.jpg IMG_7268.jpg IMG_7269.jpg IMG_7270.jpg

Figtree3, Boland, Any Jewelry and 7 others like this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi @laura9797....and no guesses yet!!!! OK, I played with it, but not sure it helped: First, isolated the letters to try to contrast them a bit, after enlarging 2.5X, second image I stretched the RIGHT side of image UP a bit to see if I could make them a bit more readable (NOT sure it did!!), and third image I added a bit of color to show siggy a bit better.........NOT sure if the second LETTER is an N or a M but leaning towards an N.... or even an H, even though it doesn't make the name make any more sense! THIRD letter, with the squiggles in it, wondering if they accidentally made an 'e' and meant a 'c'; NEXT two letters LOOK like 'OO' and the last two LOOK like D or PS.....ALL VERY SUBJECTIVE and I can't make it make much sense, even if one made the first letter or two just initials!! Best I could pull out, though......

EDIT: I forgot to add, if you haven't been there https://www.paperweights.com
    which is Allan Port's Humongous site....he collects and sells tons of paperweights, might be a resource to check out!!! I sold him one of my strange ones once that had a little sulfide doll in it!! I think he answers emails as well.......​

1-ENLARGED BUT ORIGINAL.jpg
    2-DIST0RTD TO SEE IF READABLE.jpg
    3-COLORD TO HELP.jpg

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
  3. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

5. KikoBlueEyes

I look at a lot of weights while I do research and I remembered the lines. Your photo manipulations are always helpful. I used them for the confirming weight signature

Figtree3, Aquitaine and johnnycb09 like this.
  6. laura9797

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  7. laura9797

EDIT: I forgot to add, if you haven't been there https://www.paperweights.com
    which is Allan Port's Humongous site....he collects and sells tons of paperweights, might be a resource to check out!!! I sold him one of my strange ones once that had a little sulfide doll in it!! I think he answers emails as well.......​

I had forgotten all about https://www.paperweights.com/paperweights/ What incredible eye candy! Thank you!

Figtree3 and Aquitaine like this.
  8. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Beautiful! I'm glad you got an ID here. Yay, @KikoBlueEyes

laura9797 and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  9. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you. I always appreciate someone helping me with etched signatures.

Figtree3 and laura9797 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted