Art Glass Vase Help. Longshot!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bdigger, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Have had this for years too! I have no idea who mase it, but looked interesting to me. Flat Polished Pontil. No signatures. Any Ideas? As always any help is Appreciated 009 (527x640).jpg

2. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

It's a Dorico vase by Barovier & Toso.

It is important.

Congratulations.:)

($1000 +++)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  3. Bdigger

OMG! Really? Thank you Skeezix! I never would have guessed? Are you sure?????

707susang likes this.
  4. 42Skeezix

5. Bdigger

Ok I believe you! I just googled it! OMG. My heart is racing! Glad I didn't decide to just put it in the yard sale! LOL

707susang likes this.
  6. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Wow, nice piece!

7. 42Skeezix

When I saw it sitting on the corner of the table in your "intro" thread I d*** near fell off my chair. My jaw just SLAMMED the ground. This is a very rare and desirable piece of glass art. If it were 10 years ago I could see this being in the 5-6 thousand range no problem. Maybe more. Today not so much but still maybe 2-3 thousand maybe 4.

Bdigger and 707susang like this.
  8. Bdigger

Wow I am freaking out! I went out and carefully wrapped the vase up amd put it in a safe place. I never imagined anything like that!

707susang likes this.
  9. Bdigger

What do you think would be the best way to sell it. eBay?

10. 42Skeezix

11. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

OMG--!!! Great find..good luck !!!

707susang likes this.
  12. Bdigger

Ok I have emailed them pictures of the vase with size measurements. They open tomorrow. we'll see what they have to say. I'm Still Freaking Out! LOL

707susang likes this.
  13. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Awesome find, Mike! And to think it's been sitting in a box.

14. 42Skeezix

Best of luck!!

I'm excited to just be able to ID it for you!!

15. 707susang

707susang Active Member

I am so excited for you! Just think....without posting your stuff here, you may have never known and sold it for 5 bucks! Major Kudos to Don!!

This always reminds me of the vase 'greengoldfish' sold and then found it sold again for big bucks though an auction house, if I got the story right.

She was heartbroken.

Bdigger likes this.
  16. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

Wow, wow, wow! How exciting!

Bdigger likes this.
  17. 42Skeezix

I remember that.

It was also a piece of Italian art glass. Didn't it bring 5 figures?

Her buyer sure had a lot of gall rubbing it in her face. As I recall they sent her the catalog with the results or something along those lines.

(Thanks, Sue.)

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  18. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

Oh my, how horrible! I would have been crushed if someone did that to me. How heartless. :(

19. 42Skeezix

Yeah, my words for a person like that can not be used here.

20. Bdigger

I can't thank you enough Don. If you knew the various uses I've had for that vase over the last few years you would faint. Sat right on the table as I came in and I used to put my keys and pocket change and other odds and ends in it. It's amazing that it was never knocked over and broken by rambunctious cats. I'm just not believeing it's so valuable. I almost listed it on eBay SEVERAL times, but I always had a "feeling " about it that stopped me. Decided to wait until I could ID it to list it. Figured an ID was a longshot without a signature or anything to go by......show's you what I Know! LOL
    Thank you again, and thank all you folks for the Kind Input and posts. I will keep you all updated on it as things progress.

707susang likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted