Art glass vase - Italian or Asian?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by verybrad, Jan 2, 2019.

1. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

About 6" tall. Polished bottom. No marks. This is the only picture I have. Couldn't find any quite like this. Not sure about keywords to use. Latticino doesn't seem to quite fit.

[​IMG]

Christmasjoy and aaroncab like this.
  2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

3. verybrad

4. KikoBlueEyes

It's the lace netting that makes it different from lattice design. I didn't notice it until I saw the description. Same piece with the top edges turned down more

5. verybrad

Looks like the correct spelling is Harrtil. Here is a label

[​IMG]

Not a company I am familiar with but seems to be a correct attribution. Found a clear vase in the same form as mine that sold for 55 Euros.

6. verybrad

7. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

8. KikoBlueEyes

Christmasjoy likes this.
  9. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

'Fishnet glass vase' also yields some things in this vein.

10. verybrad

"Good deal. Hope you got it cheap."

Picked up at the thrift for $1.00. Currently have it in my retail space at $14.00. May have to pull it, though, doesn't seem to sell too well on ebay.

11. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Always learning on here! I think its a gorgeous vase Brad,but in my neck of the woods the bottom has fallen out on art glass unless its exceptional.

12. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

I think that blue one is exceptional. :)

13. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Nice find brad. Art glass is very hard to sell. I passed up a few at thrift shops a few weeks back cause it just sits on ebay. Unless it's marked/well known maker or extremely eye catching I don't mess with it anymore.

14. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Id leap on it with both feet !

15. verybrad

I buy it cheap and sell it cheap. Most of it does sell if attractive and cheap enough. Probably won't raise the price on this much and will throw it in my ever-growing art glass stash if it doesn't sell.

anundverkaufen likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted