Art Nouveau Glass Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ascot, Jan 15, 2019.

1. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

I posted this vase awhile back and didn't get much info. While searching for something else, as often happens, I found a vase by Stuart & Sons with the same "peacock eye" with trails pattern, and then later another similar one attributed to John Walsh. I'm pretty sure my vase is old from the yellow-y color it glows under UV light plus the ground and polished pontil and the shelf wear on the bottom. Mine is outlined in what I think is extremely tarnished silver.

Do any of our friends from across the pond have any thoughts on the maker? I'd love it to be Stuart or Walsh, but not getting my hopes up too high.

Link to Stuart vase: https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/66825336_stuart-and-sons-cairngorm-hand-blown-glass-tall-vase

My vase:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

The one in the link seems to have a slightly different shape to it and more detailed quality look than yours. Might be a copy but not sure on this one

Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I don't think Cairngorm, they didn't outline in silver. Certainly late 19th/early 20th and a good Stourbridge maker.

BoudiccaJones and ascot like this.
  4. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

Thank you, Ownedbybear. The Cairngorm is so lovely. Now to decide whether or not to polish the silver on mine....

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I would, but ONLY with a Sunshine cloth.

Draft saved Draft deleted