Art Nouveau Style Pottery Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Jan 8, 2019.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

8010539D-AF24-4835-B8F8-796DA8192E26.jpeg 4793E010-C334-4ECA-A68B-F23CEE6288D9.jpeg A9C1C8B8-CFFF-4624-94B9-1E3D9F2140BB.jpeg F6B6DAD6-C6B7-4A6B-831B-77F54FC71174.jpeg I thoughy it was with Asian origin so I posted on the Chinese FB page. Few people suggested Art Nouveau/Art and Crafts Western piece. For some reason I still think it’s a recent Asian import.
    Any thoughts?

scoutshouse and i need help like this.
  2. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

To me it looks like someone tried to replicate nouveau vases but didn't really do a great job.

3. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

scoutshouse and i need help like this.
  4. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

The flower is realistically rendered, not in the Art Nouveau style. It's just a recent, nice vase with an applied lily :)

5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I agree with you that it is an Asian vase. Neither the less I would give it house room in a second. It looks like a Weller design but different. I think it is a FABULOUS vase.
    greg

i need help, scoutshouse and aaroncab like this.
  6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

It's got the wavy bands and pointy handles like Roseville Luffa. I wonder if they adapted the mold and added the flowers. Looks mod Asian to me too

7. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Agree, an odd rendition of a Roseville Luffa form with applied lilies. Certainly recent and Asian in origin. Here is the original Luffa vase it is modeled after.

[​IMG]

8. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Brad,
    Thanks for the photo of the vase. I was having a moment of seeing that vase somewhere but could not remember for sure.
    greg

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted