Art Photo

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by kardinalisimo, Feb 22, 2019.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

54E83EA6-3376-4A9F-8E86-4B5137F80115.jpeg 2F1E0CBB-AD05-4288-8C6D-400BFB6809E9.jpeg 4D5B2CF8-6522-4940-9CC3-34508BA44DFF.jpeg Any chance to read the signature?

2. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

I read Michele Waub :bucktooth:?

judy likes this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Looks like her. And isn't it a shame they don't do a better job of teaching the rules of apostrophe usage in school these days? They're either disappearing altogether (e.g. Burberrys) or added randomly (e.g. 1830's.)

https://www.saatchiart.com/michelemaule

Debora

4. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Oh my, you too? This makes me crazy!!!!! I had to turn off auto correct on my phone because it kept changing its to it's :mad:

kyratango likes this.
  5. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

RE "1830's" I'm on the fence on this, but think there are some instances where it sort of kind of makes sense to use an apostrophe.

If you're writing "It was manufactured in the 1830s" then inserting an apostrophe would be incorrect. But if you're writing "It's an 1830's work of art" it's like saying the "work of art belongs to the 1830s" which makes it somewhat possessive, which maybe makes the apostrophe appropriate.

I haven't looked up any rules about this, just a random thought... :)

6. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Notwithstanding the correctness on dates, it doesn't belong with "always". :stop:

Figtree3 likes this.
  7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I hadn't even noticed the "alway's" -- :)

Draft saved Draft deleted