Article On Trade Tokens

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Joe2007, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

2. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons
    We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact support@qctimes.com or call 800-452-7570.

3. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Is content often blocked for folks in the EU? Surprised that a medium sized city newspaper would make that list. Maybe it has something to do with tracking cookies?

4. daveydempsey

Not seen it before.

5. popsycat

popsycat Well-Known Member

Same for me.

6. daveydempsey

It must be Donald throwing a strop with Denmark :hilarious::hilarious:

young-girl-throwing-a-tantrum-P8WGFY.jpg

7. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Joe, I can't access it here in the US, either. There is a prompt to "answer a question" before proceeding, and while the question shows, selecting an answer doesn't register. The page then just sits, going nowhere.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  8. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Sorry folks. I'd post it here but don't want to run afoul of copyright and cause trouble for the site.

Good article but not anything that can't be found on another site.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  9. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

It is a difference in copyright laws. US does not hold published material as in copyright for as long as EU does. Just recently downloaded 2 large volumes of history & sent to contact in Italy who is researching his family. Books were from before 1900.

10. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

I read it. More an ad for the guy selling at the show than any real information.

They were the gift cards of the day. Like printing money that you may not have to back.

Funny that the article showed two tokens from Davenport identical to ones I listed on feebay that went unsold.

I ran across a better trade token site a while back that actually had information about the various eras and why they changed the tokens over time because of laws enacted to make them illegal.

Bronwen likes this.
  11. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

It seemed to download fine on my iPad......

Draft saved Draft deleted