ARTIST INFO

Discussion in 'Art' started by Hedz, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Hedz

Hedz Member

Hi Everyone,
    I am looking for information about this artist and also where the scene depicted may be located. Artist’s name is ANTHONY. Also note the back of the frame - it looks to be original. 1376B5FC-D429-48D8-974A-205FF14DAFA3.jpeg 811F91C2-E4F2-48BE-BEB0-C2BA4C6BCF12.jpeg

2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

You're not going to do any harm by taking it (carefully) out of the frame and seeing what you find.

Debora

antidiem likes this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

It's difficult to evaluate the scene at any angle. Could/would you photograph is from straight on and repost? Also, is it behind glass? What is the medium?

Debora

antidiem likes this.
  5. antidiem

If you take a closeup of the painted areas without the frame, we can probably tell if this is a gouache or what type of painting. You may also find the artist's name.

6. Hedz

Hedz Member

WAG? not understanding

7. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

wild a$$ guess

Hedz and antidiem like this.
  8. antidiem

Yes, thank you Wisc! ;)

wiscbirddog likes this.
  9. Hedz

Hedz Member

Thank you for the definition. I thought it was a soccer term (WAG = wives and girlfriends of soccer players)

antidiem likes this.
  10. Hedz

Hedz Member

Yes, I’ll do that, not for a couple of weeks though. I have very few tools here at the moment. Once I get home, I’ll take care of things in my workshop.

antidiem likes this.
  11. antidiem

It will be good to get the old mat and cardboard off, before the acid from them damages the painting. It does look like a painting and not a print, to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted