Featured Artists history

Discussion in 'Art' started by Jake Australia, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Hello all I am looking to find any information on this piece of artwork mainly of the artist an if it is of value
    Was passed down from grandparents
    Thank you D2D1D5F9-8165-447C-81EE-1CA4D5949E7B.jpeg

Bronwen, Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I take it your grandparents were from Germany? I found a list of German fairy tale illustrators, but Vöhringer wasn't among them.
    Talented parents used to make similar sketches for their children, my mother did that for us. So maybe this isn't by a well known artist.
    Could Vöhringer be the (maiden)name of one of your ancestors?

3. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Good Luck! It looks as if it is an illustration for a children's story, or a fable -- but neither is coming to mind. I tried Googling various permutations of the name of the artist. Nada.

Mayhap his shoes can be helpful -- very odd! And the fact that he has a beard and a moustache...

4. I’m not sure my mother was curious as to wheather the name had some relevance to a famous artist or what the connection is

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  5. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

there are so many old and forgotten fairytales with kobolds. von Fallersleben had one where the dwarf or kobold stood on one leg - Ein Männlein steht im Walde.
    the fly agaric - sometimes used as sign of good luck, sometimes an allusion to dreams due to poisining or even shown with phallic aspects, and especially the chattering raven could be a hint towards old northern mythology.

patd8643, Christmasjoy and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted