Arts & Crafts Pot with Green & Rust Glaze

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ascot, Sep 27, 2022.

1. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

This is one of my favorites from the lot I purchased. It's 6" tall. Looks a little like some of the Zanesville glazes but Z's double handle vase isn't this shape. I don't have a Burley Winter book, but maybe one of theirs? The glazed inner area of the base is slightly concave.

As always, thanks for your help!
    Janice

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

I'm fairly certain it is Burley Winter based on the distinctive glaze and shape. Very similar ones are on page 35 of the "Burley Winter an Introduction book" -those are marked as 5 1/2 inches and some have the number 40 on the bottom.

There maybe a number on the bottom at about 10 o'clock in your bottom photo.

verybrad and judy like this.
  3. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

Thanks, Joe in PA! I re-measured and mine is 5 3/4”. There appears to be a 0 at about 10 o’clock as you mentioned, so it may be the number 40. I have a couple of other pieces that also may be B W. More posts to come!

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted