Asian Figurine

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lisa, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Lisa

Lisa Active Member

I'm trying to get any information on this piece. Possible maker and or where it was made? All I know is my parents bought this at an auction in California in the 1970's. It measures about 4.5" tall and about 4" wide. I tried to get a picture of the inside so you can get an idea of the material it's made of. Also, the last picture is a very close of up what might be some stamp or marking on the bottom. Thank you for any help!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pat P likes this.
  2. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

Chinese mud men.
    Other can probably tell you more about them. :happy:

Lisa likes this.
  3. Mat

Mat Well-Known Member

Yes, your piece is Chinese, from the Shiwan kilns, and dates to the late 19th, early 20th century.

Lisa and Messilane like this.
  4. trip98

trip98 Well-Known Member

Impressed mark reads CHINA

Lisa likes this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

xxxxxxxx.jpg i am just, so not sure what's going on here....?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    Lisa likes this.
  6. Lisa

Lisa Active Member

I agree Komokwa. There is a broken piece here. Something is missing. It looks peculiar.

7. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

I think that's a poorly colored fly whisk, this is a common form, the two sages with one holding a fly whisk.

Draft saved Draft deleted