Assistance with Identifying Dinnerware

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Penelope, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Penelope

Penelope Member

I know next to nothing about chinaware, plates, etc. I picked up several pieces with this design and different "close to" primary colors. I have no idea what decade or design this is though. The design is dimensional and not flat. This particular bowl measures approx. 8" wide X 1.5" deep. Thanks for your help. :) 3.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  2. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

Hi Penelope,
    Think this is ALARA by Mt Clemens

3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Figtree3 likes this.
  4. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Had to laugh, I always called it Mt Clemens chicken feathers. Never knew it's real name.
    greg

Figtree3 likes this.
  5. Penelope

Penelope Member

Thank you so much for that info! I was pulling my hair out trying to even describe it and nothing was working. :)

komokwa likes this.
  6. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Well, now you have the words "chicken feathers" to help describe it. Thanks to Greg, LOL!

7. Penelope

Penelope Member

Haha! Right? Thanks Greg!

8. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

You'd think I'd see loads of MC pottery around here since I live only about five miles from Mt. Clemens... but I don't. :(

EDIT: I spoke to soon... in perusing the net for examples of MC pottery I now realize that I DO see this frequently in the thrifts.

Uh-oh, I feel a new collecting interest coming on...

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted