Asymmetrical Sommerso Square Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ascot, Jul 10, 2016.

1. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

I'd love some input from the glassies--Murano, Scandinavian or ?

It's similar to Mandruzatto pieces, but I can't find anything with this asymmetrical shape. The clear glass is slightly blue, sort of like Strombershyttan. All edges are beveled, and each side has 3 large bevels as I think you can see in the photos. Smooth, clear bottom with age wear.

3 5/8" square, 3 1/2" tall. Unmarked.

Those annoying white specks you see are reflection from overhead lights.

Thanks for your help!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Classic Murano and probably Mandruzzato. I've had some and the glass is indeed tinted almost.

3. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

4. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

Bear - thank you - very close to Mandruzatto but I can't find an example like mine. I've had a few Mandruzatto pieces, but none of them had the pale blue glass. I searched Stromberg but didn't see anything like this.

5. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

I think I've been spelling Mandruzzato wrong. Sorry!

6. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Ascot, the blue looks like it could be alexandrite/neodymium glass - does it change colour?

anundverkaufen likes this.
  7. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

Just blue, I'm afraid.

Draft saved Draft deleted