Atsushi Nakajima book translated by Akira Niwa

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by VertigoAlice, Jan 4, 2018.

1. VertigoAlice

VertigoAlice New Member

I have been on the hunt for this book for some time now.
    The full title is Light, Wind, and Dreams: An Interpretation of the Life and Mind of Robert Louis Stevenson.

It was originally translated by Akira Niwa and published in english in 1962, and then disappeared from print around 1975 from what I have gathered.
    The original publisher was Hokuseido Press, and the only physical copies I have found are either in a vault in New York's Public Library, or available for inter-library loan via universities in places like Rutgers University and Princeton.

If anyone owns a copy or has any idea where to obtain one, please let me know.

2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

You might find it interesting to know that RLS’s ship resides undercover on land at the waterfront, though less than two miles from me, in Everett, Washington USA. :)

Joshua Brown, Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
  3. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

Harvard University libraries and many other university libraries appear to have a copy. I would suggest finding the nearest university library to you and going there to see if there is an ISBN number on it, since that would make it much easier to search for: where's the closest library to you: https://www.worldcat.org/title/ligh...d-mind-of-robert-louis-stevenson/oclc/3184012

If you only want to read it, and don't care about owning it, you can read it in the library; or make photocopies or cell phone photos of the whole book (only 183 pages).

Draft saved Draft deleted