Featured Attic treasure is still out there-a recent example

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by springfld.arsenal, Jan 13, 2015.

1. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

In December a friend was helping out by doing appraisals at one of those free, walk-in appraisal sessions. A lady comes to him with a thick old album in nice condition. Each page had four frames, each with a signed CDV of a Civil war general. ALL of the Union CW generals were in the album, all CDV's were signed, no fading or oxidation visible on either the CDV's or the signatures on them, as the album had been wrapped up since she guessed shortly after the War.

He is a very honest person and told her it was certainly very valuable, but needed appraisers who were used to items at the top of that market, so he recommended one and met her there. I didn't get an exact number but got the impression it was high 6 to low 7 figures. She had brought some other pristine items almost as good, but that was the highlight.

2. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

I always look in the basement

KingofThings likes this.
  3. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Two places I alway look, under tables at flea markets and garages and out buildings at sales. I found my best pottery in garages and my 18" Fostoria America pattern punch bowl in the mud under a table.
    greg

4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Good to hear about this, and about your honest friend!

KingofThings and DragonflyWink like this.
  5. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

After all these years in the business, still have the unpleasant memories of my first boss (an internationally recognized expert in certain areas) and his gloating over his 'finds' on his 'appraisal' calls - it was a short-lived association for me...

~Cheryl

Draft saved Draft deleted