Australian Pottery Figurines

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Josh, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Found these three figurines made by Bells Fine Art Ceramics of Australia. The largest piece is signed by Esme & ealter Bell and the two smaller pieces are signed by Lyn Naylor. These are all limited editions numbered out of 100 from 1983. Was wondering if anyone might know a little more about this company. There does not seem to be much information about them. Thanks

DSCF3589 - Copy.JPG DSCF3576 - Copy.JPG DSCF3582 - Copy.JPG DSCF3588 - Copy.JPG

komokwa likes this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

3. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

I have heard the name (as obscure as it is!) and for some reason am under the impression that these figure were modeled after paintings...................but I have no idea where that idea comes from.................

4. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Any Jewelry likes this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Even in Aussie dollars that is quite a sum. At least it gives you an idea of the value.

6. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Agreed! Sold in 2009 for $3,500, Aussie dollars or not, more than I would have guessed. ($2870 USD) If you are selling, be sure to include Australia for buyers.

7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

...and pack the bejeebers out of them when you ship. Aussies will be all over these, if the Kiwis don't get there first.

8. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Thanks everybody, they are definitely more valuable than what I was thinking. Definitely will list them on the Australia site also.

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted