Authentic Carnival Glass?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KikoBlueEyes, Mar 10, 2021.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I was sold this as real carnival glass. I wanted one nice example for my collection, but before I put it on display, I would like to know if it is carnival glass or a modern reproduction. It is unmarked. It has seams. It is 5 1/4 inches tall and 5 inches in diameter. In my eye, it looked like the oily gold color that the experts talk about, but I'm sure you have to have an eye to really know. Any comments, good or bad, are welcome. If it isn't, I'll donate it and look for another piece. :)
    IMG_9549.jpg IMG_9551.jpg IMG_9552.jpg IMG_9553.jpg IMG_9554.jpg IMG_9555.jpg IMG_9556.jpg IMG_9550.jpg

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    Bronwen and i need help like this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

KikoBlueEyes, SBSVC and Bronwen like this.
  3. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Yes Kiko, it is Fenton carnival glass. My favorite of colors too!

KikoBlueEyes and Bronwen like this.
  4. KikoBlueEyes

5. KikoBlueEyes

Great. I can add it to my Fenton collection. What started out with a free cranberry hobnail vase now numbers 10
    pieces. :)

ola402, antidiem and bercrystal like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted