Featured Bad art showcase

Discussion in 'Art' started by Bev aka thelmasstuff, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I went to one of those Wine & Art soiree's the other night. You pay a fee and there's a guy pouring wine and the canvas, paint and brushes are all set out. The leader stands up in front and says, "Dip your brush in the white and then the blue and drag it across the canvas." as she proceeds to show you. Everyone paints the same brushstrokes at the same time. I was the only working artist there. Needless to say, I think it's god-awful, but I think some of the others were miffed. The more wine I sipped, the more I laughed. It just struck me as funny to see everyone painting the same thing - like paint by numbers. Now I feel bad. Anyway, here's the painting and it will be painted over very shortly so I can reuse it for something I like. 2015-02-07 08.45.55 (800x600).jpg

2. maryislgal

maryislgal Well-Known Member

Oh my---now that's a new one.
    The wine should be finished BEFORE the leader says " dip your brush" !
    The art may turn out to be much more interesting ! LOL

3. Bev aka thelmasstuff

I have to admit it was a hoot. One woman would paint for a bit, then yell "More wine!" and we'd all get a refill. Good thing I wasn't driving.

kentworld and gregsglass like this.
  4. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Everyone painting the same thing. Reminds me of Bob Ross's painting classes on TV. I did a "wonderful" God awful painting of a brook and lots of trees following his show. Everyone was telling me how horrible it was but my one neighbor thought I had great eye. She hung the painting on her wall. When she died years later one of her kids wanted the painting since her mom hung it it must be valuable.:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
    I told her I painted it and it should be burned. She laughed and donated it to Goodwill. I have been waiting for it to show up here.:eek:
    greg

5. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Maybe I should do that. Donate it to a thrift. Hehehe.

6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

We had a nice art gallery here that recently went out of business. It has been replaced with an art party venue that I assume is along these same lines. I had never heard of the concept. They display some singularly awful art in the windows that I assume is a product of their parties. I somehow doubt the owners of the former gallery have anything to do with this since I always thought they had more taste than this :eek:

7. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

Well, for what it is worth. I think your painting is better than some of the "Art" posted

8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I've not heard of this concept before Bev mentioned it here. The present day version of our great grandmothers' china painting hobby?

9. moontymes

moontymes Well-Known Member

Wonder how many of these "art party" paintings have/will end up on Ebay?:eek:

10. Bev aka thelmasstuff

11. Bev aka thelmasstuff

When I look at it, I start hearing "Snowy, snowy night...." Although that's supposed to be the sun, she had us use such dark colors it looks more like moonlight to me.

It's a formula. She has big, pump jugs of paint. She says how many squirts of each color and there are five brushes and she tells you which one to pick up, how many dunks in each color, etc. The best thing is the snow. You use the wooden end of the smallest brush, dip it in white and dot the canvas. As you use up the paint, the dots get smaller so it looks more realistic. Although, everyone else dipped it each time so their dots were uniform. It really is bad art.

Figtree3 likes this.
  12. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I agree with desperate_fun: people on this board have paid good money for worse paintings.

Bev aka thelmasstuff likes this.
  13. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

14. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  15. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

My eyes hurt.
    They are HORRID!

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  16. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Ah, yes. The killer tomato. I well remember it. As I said when I first saw it, I had a friend who used to say to his vegan friends, "How do you know a tomato doesn't scream when you pick it?"

janettekay likes this.
  17. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

18. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Yes, you can imagine 20 paintings just like mine in various levels of skill. My friend talked me into going because she thought, as an artist, I'd enjoy it. Really? That's like taking a concert pianist to an event where you drink wine and learn to play chopsticks.

Messilane and Bakersgma like this.
  19. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I told you Bev, that you could teach or lead better than the paint party instructor. Our instructor was not that strict, so I think we got a little more variations in badness of the artworks! And it's simply for fun and a glass or two helps liberate one's artistic tendencies, LOL! I'm glad you guys took it easy on me! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted