Featured Bag full of Levis 501 button fly jeans

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by billyd3us, Oct 7, 2017.

1. billyd3us

billyd3us Thanks All my Friends

I got this bag full of levis 501 button fly jeans and was wondering if anyone knew how to date them ? Some tags look a little different, made in Mexico and all with red back pocket label.

Thank You

Billy D. 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG

2. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

good luck with that............I have about 20 pair that I can no longer wear and wish to sell, but have found that dating, etc. is a real pain in the kister..............the only thing you HAVE to be careful of is the counterfeit ones. They were widely counterfeited from the 1970s through the 1990s when they started to go out of style (for fashionistas, anyway - they have never gone out of fashion for truebloods such as myself).

KingofThings, Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I used to have a pair of button fly jeans......when my waist was 32......:(

Aquitaine, judy and KingofThings like this.
  4. Mansons2005

for 50 years, if I wasn't in a suit, I was in 501s...............alas, THAT day is past.........my calves are so swollen I can no longer get them on.................though I'm sure if I tried one of the "new" relaxed fit styles they would............and then I'd look like some baggy-arsed clown, so it's back to boring khakis for me...........

5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Had to laugh. When I went to Russia in the early 70s. I had 10 pairs of 501 Levis,
    When I came home I had one pair, the one I was wearing. Sold the others some bought 80 dollars some bought 100. Just about paid for my trip. The worn used ones bought the 100, the new ones the 80.:rolleyes:
    greg

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

7. Mansons2005

Ha! I did the same thing in Bombay and again in Johannesburg!
    Of course back then it was recommended that you NOT bring any clothing home from India, particularly from Lahore and Bombay............In Johannesburg I ran into a spot of trouble over that.......I had to PAY to get out of the country so I lost any profit............I did not realize that the "export" laws applied to tourists as well as residents.

8. billyd3us

Dang, I had no idea they made fakes, Thanks for letting me know. Are the ones made in Mexico fake ? I'm going to swap meet tomorrow to sell so Edison doesn't turn off my power.

judy likes this.
  9. komokwa

Good luck Billy !!

Aquitaine and judy like this.
  10. billyd3us

Thanks komokwa, not going to swap meet tomorrow. I was packing my car then was going to back up under my carport, and my car wouldn't start. It's a 2004 Toyota Corolla and I always do regular oil changes, etc. So not sure why this happened. I called my friend and he is coming over right now to look at it, he knows cars. I hope it's something simple. Thanks again komokwa, have a peaceful evening.

judy and komokwa like this.
  11. AJefferson

AJefferson Well-Known Member

Oooo, button fly is my FAVORITE jeans !!

12. komokwa

Was......my favorite....on the young ladies I knew....back in the day !!;);)

AJefferson likes this.
  13. billyd3us

Mine too, just wish they where my size..

AJefferson likes this.
  14. billyd3us

Very cool, that's I wore in the 60's, 70's, 80's and some now.

AJefferson likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted