Baseball Fans? Help w/Autographs on 1962 Chicago Cubs/National League Programs; PeeWee Reese is one!

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by journeymagazine, Aug 21, 2021.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Going through my drawers I came across these 2 programs (plus a 1949 yankees program/score card!) that have a bunch of autographs from players! It also has a COA (last photo) that says these are from a group of 13 programs & autographs including DiMaggio! (But I think his is on another program because I don't see anything that looks like his name - but I do see PeeWee Reese (1st photo)!)
    Can anyone help me with these autographs, please?
    Thank you!

COLLECTIBLE AUTOGRAPH BASEBALL 1 GROUP 1AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE AUTOGRAPH BASEBALL 1 GROUP 2AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE AUTOGRAPH BASEBALL 1 GROUP 2AAA.JPG COLLECTIBLE AUTOGRAPH BASEBALL 1 GROUP 3AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE AUTOGRAPH BASEBALL 1 GROUP 3AAA.JPG COLLECTIBLE AUTOGRAPH BASEBALL 1 GROUP 5AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE AUTOGRAPH BASEBALL 1 GROUP 5AA_AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE AUTOGRAPH BASEBALL 1 GROUP 5AAA.JPG COLLECTIBLE AUTOGRAPH BASEBALL 1 GROUP 5bAA.JPG COLLECTIBLE AUTOGRAPH BASEBALL 1 GROUP 9AAA.JPG

2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I see Andy Pafko's sig on the program at the left. He retired from professional baseball after the 1959 season.He played for the Cubs from 1943-1951, and later for the Dodgers and Braves. Since that program looks like the other one from 1962, I assume it is from the early 1960s and Pafko signed during his retirement years.

That's all for now! Nice graphics on the program covers!

i need help likes this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

clay dalrymple

dennis bennett

Figtree3 likes this.
  4. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Those names all look fairly readable compared to some of the paintings/artwork that's been posted. You should be able to work out most of them considering you have a timeframe and a team name to work off of.

Figtree3 likes this.
  5. smallaxe

smallaxe Well-Known Member

Vic Wertz (examples)
    Camilo Pascual
    Pedro Ramos
    Jack Hamilton (maybe)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
    Figtree3 likes this.
  6. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Thank you - can't believe I've never heard of any of them except Dalrymple (I think!)

Draft saved Draft deleted