Bauer,Rosenthal ca.1897-1903 tea pot.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Armando0831, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Armando0831

Armando0831 Well-Known Member

image.jpg image.jpg I got this for my wife for Christmas and after some researching I found out that this was made between 1897-1903. It is green lettering under glazed. The picture is to dark, looks blueish but it's green.

I've been looking at prices, are Rosenthal pieces not in big demand?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

It's a chocolate pot. Did you get the lid?
    Janet

3. Armando0831

Yes I did. I was looking at some pics and thought it was a chocolate pot.

4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I've been having trouble moving almost any European china. I bought some Rosenthal I thought would be a no-brainer to sell but it's sitting. My experience lately has been Limoges and Haviland still sell if it's cheap enough but most any other china is a struggle.

5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I don't even try, generally. I've sold a few Arabia pieces here and there, but even those don't go for what they used to.

6. Armando0831

Funny thing, my wife is getting irritated at me for researching this stuff. Said she likes it and doesn't need to know the origin or value.

I told her it's good to know so that she can protect them from breaking or getting damaged.

7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Just a guess but she might be thinking you're concentrating more on the value of the gift than the fact you gave it to her. I'd go with - "I thought it was pretty so it made me think of you" and leave it at that. She really doesn't want to know you got her gift for a bargain. You can still research it just keep it to yourself or share it with us here. Don

Messilane likes this.
  8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Tell her that you knew it was good, and like her you didn't know how good until you got it home and it checked out to be even better than you thought. :)

9. Armando0831

My wife is the kind of person that doesn't care about how much something is, as long as she likes it.

Draft saved Draft deleted