Featured BEATLEMANIA With The Beatles 1963

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Vintage Maven, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Vintage Maven

Vintage Maven Well-Known Member

It’s Saturday night and I’m at home with a double case of Beatlemania! It was brought on by John, Paul, George, and Ringo.

These are two 1963 Capitol Records Canada first pressings of BEATLEMANIA With The Beatles. The covers are in great condition for having gone through BEATLEMANIA, the white on the covers looks brighter in daylight, I guess the lighting in my living room is a little low. The vinyls on both editions play like brand new, not a pop or scratch.

This record has another distinction, it was the very first Beatles LP released in North America, so Canada has that claim to fame with the Fab Four!
    71EAEAB5-D0D7-48B3-A2B3-5D777F950FA2.jpeg 1F563D12-4C5C-4E47-9E1B-BE1F7C4A946B.jpeg 28376C14-3B76-4546-AAA7-1915A6B7773F.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

loved beatlemania! my girlfriend down the street and i would try to play all the beatles songs on our guitars every afternoon with the stereo! what a mess that must have sounded!

3. Vintage Maven

I bet you had so much fun though!

4. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

yes, music was always prevalent in my life, thanks Maven!

5. Vintage Maven

I can relate

6. Michael77

Michael77 Well-Known Member

Beatles and Yes two best bands ever!! Never saw the beatles live, saw Paul McCartney flowers in the dirt live, Seen Yes a dozen times including the Union tour.

7. Vintage Maven

I think I can agree with you there @Michael77, but I’m like a sponge when it comes to music, I love almost everything I hear, there are a few I have disliked over the years, but all music deserves at least a listen.

8. Phil F.

Phil F. Active Member

Remember them well. I was in High school, sitting on the bus with the transistor radio, pinned to my ear... I played it till the batteries went stone cold dead. Grreat memories....

9. Vintage Maven

My Dad told me the story of when he first heard The Beatles in 1963, it was a radio show called Music From Across The Pond If I’m correct. He said it was nothing like he heard before, months later, well history knows what happened.....

10. Michael77

Todays music just not the same, we lived in historical times at least musically speaking. 50's thru the 70's two thumbs up!

11. Vintage Maven

I agree, I’m not into much new stuff. Besides, I was raised on a pretty incredible record collection my parent’s had. I think there was more creativity and character to the music then. And the sound of the old recordings, you can’t get any better.

12. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Steve Howe is one amazing guitarist. I've seen them a couple of times back in the 70s.

Christmasjoy and Michael77 like this.
  13. Michael77

Well that's for sure, early beatles music and lyrics there's nothing like it! That music is and will be timeless.

All the guys in yes are amazing Steve Howe is wonderful player, I actually got to meet him in 97 at the Orpheum in SF. very soft spoken humble guy.

Christmasjoy and Vintage Maven like this.
  14. Michael77

It was the "open your eyes tour", the thing about yes is super positive lyrics. Well the music takes you on a amazing journey too.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    Christmasjoy likes this.
  15. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

Van morrisons 1968 astral weeks (any excuse to plug !)

Has been my firm favourite for many years, and still improves

Don't know if it's your kind of thing, but it's astounding !

I found a first pressing, played it to test having not heard it before, and the rest is history

A little slice

16. Vintage Maven

Anything Van Morrison has done is brilliant, beautiful piece of music.

17. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Love many songs by Van Morrison.
    Ahh, the Beatles. I preferred most of the early music over their later music.
    I remember when they were on Ed Sullivan.

Draft saved Draft deleted