Beautiful crystal wine glasses, help with make or time period

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mayra Acosta, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Mayra Acosta

Mayra Acosta Active Member

Found this set of cut crystal wine glasses in an estate sale and I cannot find anything like them, I’ve looked in replacements for Waterford patterns and also came up short. Any help with origin or the time frame when they were made would be of amazing help. They are 7” inches tall. Thanks guys!

BD01236E-2013-4F30-B82E-CDA5FF973B25.jpeg 775D296D-B397-49B5-A4F1-6127467D176C.jpeg 87E21D9F-993B-430A-A628-8F4A9DE46BDC.jpeg

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Looks like it is imitating Waterford. The picture of the bottom shows a seam running through the glass from 9:00 o'clock to 3 o'clock. Waterford would not have this. The stem is not a Waterford shape either. If you "ping" the rim is there a clear tone that resonates......or a dull thud.
    Time frame will be difficult on these, but I'm thinking the last quarter of the 20th century.

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Much of Waterford is also etch marked on the bottom.

4. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Are you sure they are cut and not pressed? Looking at the bottom the edges of the star look rounded over to me. If they were cut the edges would be sharp.

Maybe I'm not seeing it clearly?

DizzyDaff and Mayra Acosta like this.
  5. Mayra Acosta

Mayra Acosta Active Member

They seem sharp to me, but wouldn’t the top part be more thick and not so delicate if it was pressed glass?

Draft saved Draft deleted