Featured Beautiful Mint Triangular Ceramic Tureen XVIIIth cent Flowers and fruit decoration

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by BTZ64, Feb 4, 2020.

?

From which European Country it has been made..??

1. Every where except France...What means MM for you..??

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Any infos on actual value ..welcome..!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Hi There to all.....Including European Antiques Lovers..Of course....
    Here is perfect Top Quality uncracked..No Fading color of Glazing..No hair..(Cheveux..!!) XVIIIth cent Triangular Original Tureen....Signed M.M ...Museum Piece for me..??
    I first thought it had 007.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG 011.JPG 012.JPG 013.JPG 014.JPG 015.JPG been made in the Alsacian region by Famous Ceramic and Porcelaine makers....But NO...!!! Just find out after buying..That I made a mistake...This can happen..When you don't know everything and You still want to learn....
    So..This Tureen is in a top and mint shape after more than 250 years.....
    I do know what I paid for it...I don't know how a piece like this would have a value for you..!!!
    As it is a triangular Piece...Here are measurements:
    Base:17cm x 3
    Bottom:27cm x 3
    Top:24cm x 3

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Maybe not what you originally thought, but still beautiful.
    Maybe @say_it_slowly will know?
    I think you are looking for 'crazing', those thin lines that can come with age.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Yes!! Thanks to you..!! In french will call them"Cheveux..Hair"..And ,as the market of V.Good Ceramics has gone down..The pieces to offer have to be mint of mint..!!!

Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

That is why I understood it. My French is very rusty, but there is still some understanding of it left in the old brain.;) I still read French occasionally.

BTZ64 likes this.
  5. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Personally I never buy old faience utility pieces purporting to be old without them having a couple of dark glaze chips on the edges. Most anything made out of tin glazed earthenware that has seen use for a few hundred years will be dinged here and there.

kentworld, Christmasjoy and BTZ64 like this.
  6. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

I like the way you said Faience...That is the french word as well...But If you are a collector of them..You should know that every single Piece of Faience has got some Hoven Marks from the day they have been made...It is called in french "Marque de Cuisson" Particulary visible on the XVII and XVIII th Cent Pieces.... 014.JPG

kyratango likes this.
  7. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Yes well, so what? All fired clay has to be supported one way or another. Those marks are not necessarily a mark of age, as you have just found out.

8. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

So sad to hear from You such a way..,Can't you enjoy a Beautiful Piece still intact...Can you imagine what have been this Object life for more than 250 Years...??? Does those Fired marks only don't speak to you and question yourself to know where it came from Why..?? With which influence or Backround History ??..Whom. have been the XVIIIth cent Master Maker of this Brand type..(Marked and Signed)So..From where and when this Ceramic Faience Tureen has been made..??? That was ,I was expecting you to share and communicate with me as other does...So..!! Quite disappointed on your "Connaissance and Enthousiasm in fine quality Art Feelings" Hope I will satisfy you an other time...But still waiting for your research in order to share Positivity with my other Friends on this Site...JB

9. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

You are a real character my lad!

Your piece has the HH mark of Holitsch factory in Northern Slovakia. 18thc.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  10. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I think tureen has a different meaning here.

kyratango, BTZ64 and patd8643 like this.
  11. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Bravo..!! Spot on..!!! I thought first it was a Strasbourg Hannong "Tureen"....Thanks for your message.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  12. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Soupiere in french..!!

Any Jewelry and kyratango like this.
  13. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Yes, I saw “HH” as well, it had no idea when and which factory. Decoration has a folky look to it.

BTZ64 likes this.
  14. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

True...Thought first it was a Strasbourg Hannong 18th Piece....Bought it for 240 Eur..Mint condition...But after some Google search...Found some similar in Museum and Auction results.... 001.JPG Think I did quite well.

15. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Félicitations! A very nice piece (though I know near nothing in porcelains:facepalm:) and a great search result:woot:
    Thanks for the update:)

Any Jewelry and BTZ64 like this.
  16. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Merci a Vous..!!

17. Any Jewelry

You certainly did.:happy:

BTZ64 and kyratango like this.
  18. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

My fidel Compagnon..And myself wish you a Good Night..A good Week end...And some Fun on Monday..!!! 013.JPG

kyratango likes this.
  19. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

NICE doggy! Though from his shiny coat and collar's colour... I wonder if he could be a modern plastic repro;):joyful::joyful:

aaroncab and BTZ64 like this.
  20. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Will try to find on Sunday....!!

Draft saved Draft deleted