Beautiful Piece ... I Need Help Identifying

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mayra Acosta, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Mayra Acosta

Mayra Acosta Active Member

Found this beautiful chocolate pot? Or yea maybe? It says Japan at the bottom but there’s a mark that seems to be rubbed off. It seems like vintage but I’m not sure. 4BB6E6B9-BA15-4E7A-867B-8F760CCD804F.jpeg AE4005F7-12C4-47C3-B224-F92FF4BE8C88.jpeg D6F9F2FE-52B3-42A2-A8EC-1AF64101D3C4.jpeg

ulilwitch likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Very pretty. I really like the bamboo. At least after 1921 (when the US began requiring the country origin on imports to be printed in English instead of the language of the source country.

How tall is it?

3. Mayra Acosta

Mayra Acosta Active Member

It’s 10” inches tall with the lid on. I loved it when I saw it and thought it was an interesting piece. Not sure if they have chocolate pots or if this was for tea or maybe sake! I love the bamboo as well, I haven’t seen many pieces like this.

ulilwitch likes this.
  4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I think chocolate pot probably works.

Mayra Acosta and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted