Beautiful (Stunning!) Painting of Young Cuban Girl's Quince(? her 15th birthday)

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Aug 13, 2019.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

If I asked about this before I apologize in advance; I searched Ramos painting in the search bar but nothing came up.
    Can anyone tell me who the artist is? Of if it is F. Ramos or - - - F Ramos (F being the last letter of the first name?)
    I know the painting is dirty but it is something, right? Defintely not factory art this time!
    Thanks for any help/info

ART PAINTING CUBAN GIRL SITTING 1A_A_ zz.JPG ART PAINTING CUBAN GIRL SITTING 1A_A__Z.JPG ART PAINTING CUBAN GIRL SITTING 1A_A___Z.JPG

2. i need help

i need help Well-Known Member

Why do you say it’s 15 th Birthday? Is there writing on the back?

kyratango and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Ummm, at the Quinceañeras I've been to, the birthday girl and her court were dressed more like Princesses, not like they were going out clubbing...

~Cheryl

4. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

That was my guess because she's so young. I live in Miami & have see them dress up like that
    PS - even though my first wife was Cuban & my daughter 1/2 Cuban I could never remember how to say or spell Quinceañeras - thanks DragonflyWink!

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  5. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

It's not a bad painting but some areas on her are not very detailed and slop looking. One eye loos like she has a black eye which makes her pupil look way big. Probably someone who had some talent but never got well known.

6. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Im related to half of Miami and theres NO WAY any self respecting Cuban parents would let their child dress like that at 15.Or 18.Or 20 !

7. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Could be "A" Ramos.

Something looks a bit off with the proportions to me. I think either the head is too large, or the upper torso is too short.

8. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

To my eye, her features seem a bit Asian, first impression was that she looked Filipina, and definitely a grown woman rather than a fifteen year old...

~Cheryl

9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Definitely my impression too.

There is a very slight possibility that she is Dutch Indonesian. Many look like that, but would rarely pose like that. Quite a few Dutch Indonesians have Portuguese names, and Ramos can be Portuguese as well as Spanish.
    Even though many Dutch Indonesians went to the US, a Filipino young lady is far more likely imo.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  10. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

It's so funny... I totally see 15 year old. Nationality, I don't know.

Google Miami Quinceañeras photography -- it's not all princess dresses and chastity.

Not even close.

Though I would see this piece as more 1990s.

I have no idea if its a Quinceañeras portrait. I doubt it. But I also wouldn't rule it out.

Don't know the artist, but have to ask: who is the target market for a piece like this?

11. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Well-Known Member

I think it looks like factory art.

Draft saved Draft deleted