Featured Beautiful vase I found but is it real or from Chain store?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bonnie l Roggensees, Mar 7, 2021.

1. 20210307_114006.jpg Thrifting today I found a pretty vase. I liked it but didn't buy it because I wasn't sure if it is a cheap chain store vase or a decent Japanese or Chinese vase worth buying. It had only a few red characters on the bottom and looked older but not sure if made to look like that. How do I know it's worth the money even at thrift store pricing? It'll probably be gone today but I may stop by tomorrow.

judy, KSW and TraceyB like this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the Forum, @Bonnie l Roggensees !

Ive deleted your duplicate thread and moved this one to the Pottery Forum.

judy, KSW, TraceyB and 1 other person like this.
  3. How do I check to see if it's been answered????

4. i need help

There were no replies at the time. Duplicate threads just cause confusion.

5. Ok. Just not sure how this all works. Thanks

Debora, judy, KSW and 2 others like this.
  6. i need help

7. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Could we see the marks? At a glance it appears to be a sort of mishima celadon, but hard to say if it is actually inlaid, anyway, Korean style and more than likely Korean or an imitation made elsewhere.

judy, KSW, TraceyB and 1 other person like this.
  8. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

As blooey said it does look like the Korean style of celadon, the forced look of the crackle and the very high gloss suggest it is probably recent, so is likely made in China.

i need help and judy like this.
  9. Ok. Thank you. I thought as much. So a higher gloss usually means newer....good to know. I didn't photograph the marks sorry. If I go back I'll take a photo because I want to learn more! Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted