Featured BEAUTIFUL WATERCOLOR LANDSCAPE (NOT FACTORY!?) BY F. HASSAN - WHO IS HE?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Jun 1, 2019.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

A friend holding a yard sale a few blocks from mine stopped by after closing to show me this watercolor (she knows of my art addiction!) & offered it to me for $10. I bought it even though I didn't make a single $1 today (one couple came over the whole day, they picked out a vintage guitar, some art & a couple of other pieces, then told me they were going to the atm to get the $300 it all came to - 30 min later I called them (they had called me when they arrived so someone would go out & open the gate) and the lady told me she'd been planning on calling me - they were going to sleep on it & maybe come back for it tomorrow!).
    I am sure this isn't factory art!! (right??!) so I bought it.
    It's signed F. Hassan - can anyone tell me which Hassan is the artist of my painting? (there are more than you'd think!)
    Also any thoughts on the painting, please.
    Thanks all.
    Oops - it measures 13.5" x 10" (and there is a photo of the back jivy!)

ART PAINTING HASSAN 1AA RESIZED.jpg ART PAINTING HASSAN 2AA RESIZED.jpg ART PAINTING HASSAN 3AA RESIZED.jpg ART PAINTING HASSAN 4AA RESIZED 1.jpg

2. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

By a hobbiest I would say

Any Jewelry and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

I came across a few "f hassans" but not the same style as yours. Most likely someone who painted in their free time

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Uhmm....

charlie cheswick likes this.
  5. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

6. Mark London

Mark London Well-Known Member

Semi talented amateur. Not factory but not good either. You really should consider a few museum visits and buying an art history book or two to increase your knowledge and improve your eye.

7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I'm with Mark. You seem to like paintings, but there really is too much hit and miss in your estimation and buying of them. Looking at genuine art will help develop some feeling of what art really is. I hope.

komokwa, Bakersgma and 2manybooks like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted