Bedroom set not sure if valuable

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by MovingSoon21, Oct 4, 2020.

1. MovingSoon21

MovingSoon21 New Member

Hello everyone. New to the site and hope you all are having a great day. I have a bedroom set from my late Gram that may be 95 years old or older. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

It looks like a rococo revival piece circa 1920s . Mass produced . Are all the pieces painted white ?Now about that lady figurine on the left ,she looks interesting.

3. sassafras

sassafras Well-Known Member

Is that a lady? I thought it was a pair of kitties. :D

komokwa and Ghopper1924 like this.
  4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

So it is ! Thats what happens when your eyes are as old as the rest of you !

5. MovingSoon21

MovingSoon21 New Member

Hi. Yes all the pieces are painted white and inside the drawers you can see where the paint ran in some spots. Is it worth the effort to hire a cargo truck at Home Depot to take the set home with me and try to move it as an antique? Thanks so much.

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Don't know what is worth it to you. The piece shown would bring about $150.00 at retail in my semi-rural Midwest location. Could be worth more in or near a large city and worth less in the middle of nowhere.

komokwa likes this.
  7. MovingSoon21

MovingSoon21 New Member

Thank you for your insight. I'm in NJ and not sure if there is a better market here. I hopefully can find someone willing to buy the whole set and haul out themselves :)

8. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Try Craig's List or your local Facebook Marketplace :)

9. MovingSoon21

MovingSoon21 New Member

Thanks all. I also have this wicker rocking chair. Is there any value past sentimental?

Attached Files:

10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Some I'd think. Nice shape. Depends on condition.

Debora

11. MovingSoon21

MovingSoon21 New Member

Thank you. I think part of the back the wicker cracked a few days ago.

12. MovingSoon21

MovingSoon21 New Member

Have these 2 lamps as well. Don't think they are antique though. Not sentimental in anyways.

Attached Files:

13. verybrad

Nothing special about the lamps. Garage sale fodder or donate.

Bakersgma and Debora like this.
  14. MovingSoon21

MovingSoon21 New Member

Thank you for your advice again. Any thoughts on the wicker rocker? It has a couple broken pieces in the middle where back would be supported.

15. verybrad

Rocker should really have a back cushion so the wicker breaks would not show in use but would affect value a bit. Would have a value uof $50.00 or so here in the Midwest but a hard sell this time of year. Hold until Spring if you can.

Draft saved Draft deleted