Featured Been in my boxes I haven't seen for years...found a glass necklace

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by BoudiccaJones, May 31, 2020.

1. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

I have found a TONNE of stuffs I had forgotten :) :)

(I found some weird looking things that could be amber but I haven't found my black light machine, I found my pen light but it won't work, I changed the batteries and still napoo so have a new one on the way)

(I saw an old post of yours,@Ownedbybear **aka my Mrs. B** in which you said your spare room is like a gratis car boot,I TOTALLY get that )

I think this is lovely.

It's glass and it's REALLY shiny...is it 30s?
    It's knotted on red silk...was the very devil to photograph as I'm not very talented ( in anyway actually) that way

It's approx 32 inches in total...the biggest bead is just under an inch and a half. They are sort of melon shaped. They feel LOVELY

No markings on the clasp...it's got a really weird glow
    [​IMG]

Thought I'd show this pic to show how it's shinier than other things
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (I have more pics if needed)

I love most of the kerap erm **stuffs** I find but am REALLY in love with this weird glowy glass thing...no idea how I managed to buy it and forget it. And all the other stuffs I have found in my forgotten boxes.

Thank you everyone <3 xxx

KSW, wenna, Any Jewelry and 5 others like this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I think that may be old Chinese with that silk thread. Possibly moonstone.

Um, honey, you also have butterscotch amber by the look of it. You REALLY need that UV torch!

KSW, Any Jewelry, Bronwen and 4 others like this.
  3. BoudiccaJones

Thank you my lovely girl!

Off to look for Chinese and moonstone ... it does look just like I imagine moon to be made of. :) ( would that be '30s Mrs. B? ) ( I expect Google will tell me xx)

I would LOVE to have some butterscotch amber! I have a black light machine for money SOMEWHERE which plugs in,would be very useful but my house hasn't given it up yet ... I am quite prepared for the beads to not be anything nice so it's win/win really.

I also saw in the old thread, Mrs. B, the absolutely magnificent Bear and what an honour to be owned by such a wonderful Spec of Cat. ALL cats are worthy of being slaves of ... but some make it more difficult than others. I love cats...am a doggo HO but cats are excellent too, we have five.

Thank you my Mrs.B xx

KSW, Lucille.b, Any Jewelry and 5 others like this.
  4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It would be 30s, I'd say. There was also an opaline glass which looked like that.

It's those strands behind that look butterscotch.

Ah, the Bear. He was a most superior cat in his own view. He would condescend to be loving - and was incapable of making a move without elegance. My current owners are two black and white hooligans. ;)

5. BoudiccaJones

Thank you Mrs. B ...little hopefully butterscotch beads are all different sizes...and there's tonnes of em. None very big though...hope my light comes soon xxx

Bear WAS a most superior cat,no doubt at all...I can see the elegance in even a still pic Mrs. B xx

My first cat Whiskers was B&W and I have a special place for them.
    (I have always had an *eclectic* sense of ahem *dress*... I have a cake frill on my head. No idea why. And this is one of the only pics of me with brown hair ***SHUDDER**)
    My boy Whisk xxx
    [​IMG]

6. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Such an adorable photo. Whiskers is quite a big cat, and you as sweet as they come.......I do see the curious side of you through the smile.;)

7. BoudiccaJones

Judy what a sweet thing to say,thank you <3 xxx ...yes he was HUGE. Such a good boy...well norty really but they are ALL good really even if they try to hide it xxx

KSW, Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
  8. judy

judy Well-Known Member

You're welcome Bou.....but picture speaks for itself..........Big beautiful cat and sweet little girl who is just loving that big ole boy.

My granddaughter has a pretty large all black cat that she calls Magic.

They live in the house in back of mine (same property). Magic is an indoor cat, so I rarely get to pat him. But he sits in the one of the windows black as hell, with only his green eyes showing that he's there watching me as I water my flowers.............or doing other outdoor chores.

I've had cats/dogs my whole life, until the last passed..............

Now I enjoy my neighbors..........

9. BoudiccaJones

Magic! That is an EXCELLENT name. Love the description too...I have a black cat who is also black as hell...she is **little but fierce**. Teeny little thing left alone on the streets IN SNOW for weeks until someone brought her in and we were lucky enough to offer her a home. She's a firecracker,Miss Mae ( Hem) but so sweet underneath,and she trusts us now...she is also a indoor cat and I know EXACTLY what you mean,Judy,when you say his green eyes showing ! I BET HE WATCHES YOUR EVERY MOVE!

<3 xxx

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    kyratango, Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
  10. judy

judy Well-Known Member

As far as his eyes can see! LOL!

Love your names..........Miss Mae (Hem).

A rescued kitty.

Not cats, but my brother and wife (they live in FL....I'm in MA) had 7 rescue dogs, now they have 8!! All needing special health care.

On a recent visit a few months ago, we were amazed how well behaved they all were. All small dogs, but one... He's big, but so gentle.

11. BoudiccaJones

Goodness me I cannot IMAGINE EIGHT DOGS! Oh heaven,heaven. We have two and I think they might be a bit demanding as they are hard work, don't think we could squeeze any more in (but would love to try ). I so admire your bro and wife,Judy...please say THANK YOU to them from me. I love people that help animals.

We have a special needs kitty,he was feral and a fox or something got hold of him and he had a huge smelly hole in his hand. We captured him,and got his hand seen to. We WERE going to foster him ... but he has CH and I don't think he's safe in the wild again. He's very shaky! He's lovely now and he also trusts us so he's going nowhere. His name is Mordecai but he's ALWAYS called Boi as our other cats are girls :)

kyratango, Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
  12. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Thank you Bou....I shall thank them for you.

I don't know what CH is......

You are very clever with your names, and your heart is huge. Our last cat was attacked by an unknown animal. We couldn't find him for a few days.....so unlike him as he only roamed outdoors for a short time daily. We couldn't imagine what had happened to him.

He found his way back home after a very bad attack, and the vet just could not save him.

He just happened to have wandered to our home one day and never left!

I think this thread has been hijacked by me......I hope you get some replies to your initial jewelry post.

I feel pretty good that upon seeing the photos of the "white" necklace, I wondered if they could be moonstone!!!!!

I loved seeing OBB's confirming thoughts!

13. BoudiccaJones

( CH is cerebellar hypoplasia I THINK anyway :O ) and he is VERY shaky. His intellect is unimpaired,he's a very clever kitty and he can do all he has to but he does it in his own special way :)

Here is a vid from America of a cat with CH if you ever get time to see it, it will tell you much more than I can!

Oh goodness, my cat Paul only came home to die and I am glad he did so now but isn't it painful? So sorry for you though,it always hurts when they leave ( and however long ago it might be too xx)

Love the *hijack*, no apology needed there!

I have looked at moonstone and I can see similarities...still undecided though as I am Useless :)

**Forgot the vid,knew I would

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  14. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Hey, Cuz, good to see you. I love your beads & you can see how they respond to the UV in sunlight. I think they are an opaline glass. Don't think moonstone would shift in that way; know I'll be corrected if I'm wrong. I love opaline/opalescent glass. Nothing to sneer at. Rene Lalique loved it too. :kiss:

15. judy

judy Well-Known Member

The goodness of people to care for the sick....whether it be humans or other animals.

CH reminds me of Parkinson's in humans............

TY for the video.

kyratango and BoudiccaJones like this.
  16. BoudiccaJones

Hey my lovely Cuz!! <3

They ARE very colourfully shifty..whatever they are I LOVE THEM !!

(As a somewhat relevant aside,years ago my Great Aunt gave me an old bottle of Je Reviens...and I turned it upside down and saw LALIQUE on the bottom! I could now say I had some Lalique :p )

Thank you Cuz,and everyone as always ! I love these slithery old glass beads whatever they are...off to have a look at opaline x x

17. BoudiccaJones

I think it is similar to Parkinsons,yes ... he can walk and run and do everything,Boi but he does it differently to most cats. I do things differently to most 'Umans so we get on fine. He REALLY is lovely ... he was a fully grown male feral and he totally accepts being in,and having a home ... I like to think he knows he's better off now. He is SO loving. He just kept himself to himself for the first six months, I just nursed his foot and left him alone and he fitted in perfectly xx

18. BoudiccaJones

Just seen an opaline necklace in completeds looks just like my beads...that one had gold fittings...very similar shape too

judy, kyratango and Bronwen like this.
  19. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Gorgeous beads, Bou, and love you with Whiskers.:)
    I agree. That bead shape is often called melon shape.
    And I'm with obb on the two amber necklaces, I think they're the real thing, beautiful.:happy:

judy, KSW, kyratango and 2 others like this.
  20. BoudiccaJones

Thank you my lovely AJ <3 xxx

Can't wait for my blacklight now! xx

judy, KSW, Bronwen and 1 other person like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted