Belated hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Shell, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Shell

Shell Active Member

I joined a week or so ago and have already gotten good information, so thank you!
    I've been a collector since I was a kid, when I got interested in keys and pinbacks. My grandfather nicknamed me "Scavenger." I still treasure the things he gave me, although they have little cash value.
    I eventually became an antiques seller, although it's not my "main work" (which is editing for a web site).
    I love the history of many things, and there is always more to learn. It's great to see oddities and mysteries.
    The civil discussions on these forums are encouraging. There's plenty of conflict elsewhere on the web, and we don't need more.
    Glad to be here. :happy:
    P.S. Is there a way to get people "re-interested" in a thread if you are not getting responses? Thanks.

AJefferson, judy, Any Jewelry and 4 others like this.
  2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Nice to hear! :)
    Just above the actual comment there is a WATCH THREAD button.
    Try that. :)

3. Shell

Shell Active Member

I mean, is there anything I can do if no one is replying to a question?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  4. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

You can try and "bump" it to the top - which is as simple as posting a reply (even if it is your own thread), bringing the thread to the top of the first page. Of course, if you have brought it front and centre a few times and no one responds, that means that no one has clue (seldom happens).

Are you sure that the thread was posted in the correct forum? With so much going on, many people only look at the forums that interest them.

AJefferson, judy, Any Jewelry and 3 others like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Shell.

6. Joshua Brown

Joshua Brown Decently-Known-Member

Welcome Shell. :)
    I would recommend putting a link here.

7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, Shell!

I agree that posting another request for thoughts, ideas for further research, anything (!) that might to helpful on your existing thread is the way to go. Many members only get a chance to come to the site once in a while (as opposed to those of us who virtually live here) and may not get to see every thread that was posted since their previous visit.

It worked for me just this past week!

Christmasjoy, AJefferson and Shell like this.
  8. Shell

Shell Active Member

Christmasjoy and AJefferson like this.
  9. AJefferson

AJefferson Well-Known Member

Welcome Shell. The above suggestions are good to do. I did that to one of mine. Maybe change the title to bronze statue or figure?

Christmasjoy and Shell like this.
  10. AJefferson

Yes it is awesome here.:D Knowledge, patience, teaching and lots of laughs.:pompous::watching::writer::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Any Jewelry, Christmasjoy and Shell like this.
  11. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Laughs? You've found LAUGHS? Where? Where are these LAUGHS you speak of? I thought all and sundry amusements and off topic postings were forbidden!

Oh, wait - I'm in a time warp and thought I was someplace else.............carry on..............and CARRY ON!!!!

12. AJefferson

Mansons? ...... hello .....what happened? .....Ok there you are. Thought we lost you there for a minute.
    Welcome back. And no sir, you carry on!

Christmasjoy and Mansons2005 like this.
  13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Bumping the tread yourself is the best you can do.
    We don't know everything, & threads don't always get resolved.
    Being a forum for Antiques, your bronze....may not be bronze or even that old , so the maker could well be unknown to the members here.

14. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

A belated Welcome!

Draft saved Draft deleted