Featured Bernard Buffet Lithograph?

Discussion in 'Art' started by AntiqueHobbit, Apr 10, 2019.

1. AntiqueHobbit

AntiqueHobbit Active Member

Hi everyone! My wife found this lithograph at a thrift store and frankly I can’t seem to find much about it. It appears to be a lithograph signed and created by Bernard Buffet. Any idea what the title of it is or what it may be worth? It’s numbered 68/100.

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the Forum, AntiqueHobbit! :)
    We can not see your photo. You must remove it from private.

3. AntiqueHobbit

Thanks! Sorry about that, clearly I’m getting used to things here, appreciate your help (makes your name ironic!).

4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

No problem, its an off hour, more people will be along, so make sure you check your post or set alert. :)

5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

6. Shwikman

Shwikman Well-Known Member

Looks like a ‘58 olds.

7. AntiqueHobbit

Ghopper1924, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

you'll have to find any that have sold in the past 2 years to get a ballpark figure...

9. AntiqueHobbit

Fair enough. I found lots of his other stuff and he seems to be having a bit of a revival right now, just couldn’t find this specific one anywhere. Is it safe to assume most of his stuff goes for comparable amounts to other pieces of work?

10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

not really......depends on the image....but if his work carries the same theme....then there should not be wide price swings...

11. Mark London

Mark London Well-Known Member

I'd do a bit more homework on this one. It seems to be a lithographic reproduction rather than an original lithograph. While it is numbered on the bottom left, it is signed in the plate. I would suggest that this has considerably less value than a genuine signed litho.

verybrad, Ghopper1924, judy and 3 others like this.
  12. AntiqueHobbit

Oh really? That’s unfortunate but I appreciate the lesson, I’m admittedly super new to this. So because the signature is on the picture itself there’s a chance it’s just a reprint or reproduction? When you say significant how much would it hurt it? Similar original lithographs seem to go from 100-125.

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  13. Mark London

Mark London Well-Known Member

It is indeed a reproduction. For all we know, the numbering was added by a later hand in an attempt to "add value".

i need help and verybrad like this.
  14. AntiqueHobbit

Bad times. Oh well it’s still a cool picture! Thanks for the help and the lesson!

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted