BIG (48" x 35" w/o Frame!) Painting Couple w/Huge Hands - Artist?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Jun 29, 2021.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I bought this from a friend today who found it in a storage locker won at a auction. It is BIG (48 x 35 not counting the frame!).
    I can feel it's on canvas, but look at photo of back - you can see some threads from canvas but it also looks like it has a Masonite(?) border - isn't that unusual?
    One thing - it's not signed anywhere that I can find? (photo of bottom is to show there's no signature)
    I'm sure it's a good piece because it reminds me of a well known listed artist who was known for the large hands & feet on the people in his paintings - I can't remember his name but I believe he was central/south american. I posted a painting by him here before & the board knew who he was - does anyone recognize the style here with the large hands? (there's a framing company label on the back, so if I can find artist's name or the name of whose style it was done in, I can contact them & hopefully find out some more about it)
    Any thoughts on it?
    Thanks all for any help!

ART PAINTING HANDS LARGE 1AA.JPG ART PAINTING HANDS LARGE 2AA.JPG ART PAINTING HANDS LARGE 3AA.JPG ART PAINTING HANDS LARGE 4AA.JPG ART PAINTING HANDS LARGE 5AA.JPG

reader likes this.
  2. David Broom

David Broom Active Member

Oswaldo Guayasamin?

reader and Bronwen like this.
  3. journeymagazine

That's him! Thank you David Broom!

4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Interesting that it is wired to hang either vertically or horizontally.

David Broom likes this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Depending on how risqué you'd like the image to be!

Debora

ART PAINTING HANDS LARGE 1AA.jpg

6. journeymagazine

I actually like this way better Debora - thanks!

Draft saved Draft deleted