Featured BIG(!) Fish shaped planter - Mexican Talavare?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by journeymagazine, Mar 28, 2021.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this at a local thrift store; it's the largest one I can find (26"L x 13" H x 16 T)!.

2 questions:

Is this Talavara? It's one of the first one of these I've seen - this thing is beautiful! It would definitely be the focal point in any room (do you put plants in the tail as well as the mouth, since there's a opening there too?)

Has anyone seen another one this large - I've looked and the largest I found was 19" long (Being able to say it's the largest is a great title when selling!)

Thank you in advance!

POTTERY FISH PLANTER TALAVERA MEXICO 1AA  26 x 13 x 16.JPG POTTERY FISH PLANTER TALAVERA MEXICO 1AAA.JPG POTTERY FISH PLANTER TALAVERA MEXICO 2AA.JPG POTTERY FISH PLANTER TALAVERA MEXICO 3AA.JPG POTTERY FISH PLANTER TALAVERA MEXICO 4AA.JPG POTTERY FISH PLANTER TALAVERA MEXICO 4CAA.JPG POTTERY FISH PLANTER TALAVERA MEXICO 5BAA.JPG POTTERY FISH PLANTER TALAVERA MEXICO 5BAAA.JPG POTTERY FISH PLANTER TALAVERA MEXICO 9AA.JPG

kyratango, Boland, judy and 1 other person like this.
  2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I can see a toddler trying to ride this thing. Yes, it says Mexico, and you can find a lot in google images. Since it has a hole in the bottom, does he belong outside? (Would you like to see the suitcase he came home in?)

judy likes this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I love that!

J Dagger and judy like this.
  5. journeymagazine

I found others which is how I learned of Talavera - but every one I looked at came no where close to this in size. I'm hoping with planters "size matters"!

6. John Belamaric

John Belamaric New Member

Did you sell this item already? I am looking for one.

7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Please use Private conversation for Buying/selling.

8. journeymagazine

9. John Belamaric

John Belamaric New Member

ok, thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted