Biscuit and small figurines

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by giulissa, Mar 7, 2019.

1. giulissa

giulissa Active Member

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg Greetings to all, especially to Any jewelry and Kiratango. I returned after a few months to my home in Florence where the PC was available only around 5 in the morning thanks to children, grandchildren, daughters, games, movies, socials etc. But at 5 am I usually sleep. On the other hand I found some objects that I had completely forgotten. Today I want to talk to you and ask you for advice for my little passion: biscuit and small statues.
    It is 3 small gardener.
    The first, two guys sitting on a bench, somehow I was able to clean it. I do not find holes for casting and the girl has a foot restored a bit 'too abundant (Italian measure 42?) No traces of marks or other indicative signs only a number on the back 3272.
    The second, two boys who dance in eighteenth century costumes. They have two tiny casting holes, one on the girl's back and one below the boy's coat. Also this object has no marks or distinguishing marks on the bottom, only a number on the back 302. On the other hand it is really dirty and I can not clean it.
    Soaking for a few days, I used denture pads, I even put them in dishwashers. Every time it comes back dirtier than before. Any suggestions on how to clean it?
    The third a colorful biscuit represents a girl with an amphora for water. It seems to me decidedly art nouveau taste even if in the whole more coarse and peasant of the others. Of course, no brands, no signs, this does not even have the number.
    The first two seem to me rather refined in the modeling and in the choice of subjects. But what do you think? Could they have been done in some interesting period or are they just bad copies that I should hide again? I am puzzled because the gardener is not an object currently very fashionable, it would seem strange to me that they are made recently. Thanks to all those who want to express their opinion.

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

A warm welcome back, dear Giulissa, I missed you.:kiss:
    Those are very beautiful antique figurines, but that is all I can say, others will be able to help you.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    kyratango and judy like this.
  3. giulissa

giulissa Active Member

Hi Any Jewelry, nice to meet you again.

kyratango, Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

1. Welcome back!
    2. I have no idea. The first two look post-1945, and the lady could almost have been done in the 1980s. Italian wouldn't surprise me. Beyond that...dunno.

kyratango and judy like this.
  5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome back, Giulissa!
    All very nice, but I’m fondest of the waterbearer. @kyratango may not look here. :)

kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  6. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Hey, Giulissa! Very happy to see you are back:joyful:
    Thanks to i need help for tagging me, I would have missed your post :shame:
    I can't help for the identification... neither for further cleaning on the resisting one:facepalm: except perhaps peroxyde used for hair discoloration as all your attempts (even harsh!) didn't work...

Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  7. giulissa

giulissa Active Member

Hi Kyratango, happy to meet you again. I will try with peroxyde as I have not other choise.

judy and kyratango like this.
  8. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello giulissa - it's possible that the figurine that will not clean was meant to be that color. Biscuit is not always a bright white. It can be gray, green, or just about any color really. You may be trying to get it back to a color it was never meant to have. The piece does not look dirty to me.
    Don

Figtree3, judy, Any Jewelry and 2 others like this.
  9. giulissa

giulissa Active Member

Thank you for your kind answer

kyratango, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  10. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Welcome back, @giulissa ! They are very pretty.

kyratango, judy and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted