Bisque Porcelain Cherub Ram Figurine ID

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Malkim62, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Malkim62

Malkim62 Well-Known Member

Good morning. My sister is sending me pics and she's not the greatest photographer, so I apologize for that. I was hoping someone might know who made this piece. Looks like CF on the bottom. Thanks for taking a look and any help at all.

Dale

rams1.jpg rams2.jpg

Bronwen likes this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Believe me, we've seen far worse.;)

3. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Hmmm...wonder if it's German or thereabouts...

Malkim62 likes this.
  4. Malkim62

Thanks for the input. I'll take a look.

Dale

5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

It did not immediately help me, but in searching you might try 'putti' instead of cherubs, as they do not appear to have wings.

Malkim62 likes this.
  6. Malkim62

Thanks you for the input. It's very confusing. I thought Putti and angels have wings but cherubs do not. I'll try your suggestion. Thanks again.

Dale

Bronwen likes this.
  7. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Cherubs (cherubim), like seraphim, are one type of angel, so they are winged, as is Cupid/Eros. Pudgy little Cupid-like figures that are wingless are generally called putti (sing. putto), but of course you do see other words used to describe them.

Any Jewelry and Malkim62 like this.
  8. Malkim62

Good Sunday morning. Could the mark be Christian Fischer? I've found other pieces with CF, but the mark looks different

Dale

Draft saved Draft deleted