Featured Bitossi Aldo Londi Raymor? Rooster

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Wendy5, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Wendy5

Wendy5 New Member

bitossi 2.jpg Hi everyone

I hope someone can help. I really need some information on what I think is a Bitossi rooster. I have looked in a lot of books and on the internet and am having trouble finding any information. I've never seen anything like this before. Its 52cm high and 36cm wide approximately.

Photos are included.

If you can provide any information I would really appreciate it and if you need any further details please let me know.

Thanks everyone

2. Wendy5

Wendy5 New Member

Just a follow up to my first message - that first picture is not the best to see the rooster so I've included more here. Thanks eveyrone

Attached Files:

3. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

That first picture was great!
    Please always enlarge your photos. :)
    Thank you. :)

pearlsnblume and lauragarnet like this.
  4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

lauragarnet, cxgirl and tyeldom3 like this.
  5. tyeldom3

tyeldom3 Well-Known Member

Like sayitslowly said, is it marked? I can't help but those that may be able to help would like to see a picture of the base and any marks.

cxgirl likes this.
  6. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

7. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

52cm is approx. 20.5 inches. That's huge!:jawdrop:
    Yes, please post a picture of the bottom.;)

8. Wendy5

Wendy5 New Member

Hi everyone, thanks for the replies!

Say_it_slowly and tyeldom3 - No there are no marks on the rooster it is unmarked.

GaleriaGila - thanks for the reply but that is not the same as the rooster I have. If you look at the pics you can see the difference.

Lauragarnet - I will post further pics of the bottom of the rooster below.

Some further info - The rooster was apparently brought in the 1970s in Brighton if that helps at all.

Thanks again for your replies, hopefully we can get somewhere with this!
    537.jpg 537.jpg 534.jpg 533.jpg

lauragarnet and pearlsnblume like this.
  9. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

For sure, Wendy... I knew it was different, just thought it was interesting!

10. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

For sure, Wendy... I knew it was different, just thought it was pretty and interesting.

tyeldom3 likes this.
  11. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I think that it's not showing up as Bitossi/Londi/Raymor works against it being any of them. The comb isn't typical for Italian or Portuguese. I'd look to Germany, Eastern Europe, Scandinavia. If it was purchased in England, maybe it's English.

kentworld and lauragarnet like this.
  12. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

NNot English. I'll fish out Mark Hill's Bitossi book.

lauragarnet likes this.
  13. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

14. Wendy5

Wendy5 New Member

Hi there Owenedbybear. Thank you for the interest . I would be most grateful for any info . Thank you for your time regards wendy

lauragarnet likes this.
  15. Wendy5

Wendy5 New Member

lauragarnet likes this.
  16. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That Facebook group are good - I can't find the blassted book....!

17. Walter Del Pellegrino

Walter Del Pellegrino Well-Known Member

I have looked at your photos for several days and I am of the opinion that the piece may be a Bitossi, although I have never seen another quite like it. The quality of the glaze is excellent and the craftsmanship involved in getting all those geometrical impressions so perfectly aligned and at the proper depth indicates that this was a professional decorator. Try contacting Bitossi by email.
    They are usually helpful and may be able to determine the origin of your piece.

kentworld, gregsglass, cxgirl and 3 others like this.
  18. Wendy5

Wendy5 New Member

Dear Walter,

Thank you very much for giving me your valuable time, I know you must be busy and I appreciate you taking the time to assist me. I welcome your expert knowledge on this and I have now contacted Bitossi in regards to this piece. Hopefully i'll hear something positive soon!

If I hear anything from them I will post it here!

Thanks again to everyone who has offered their advice and any further insight would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Wendy5

lauragarnet and cxgirl like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted