Black ceramic pierced horse

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by billyd3us, Jan 16, 2018.

1. billyd3us

billyd3us Thanks All my Friends

Is this just a decoration piece bought in stores or something else ? It is numbered on the base but no other marks or names.

Thank You

Billy D. 129.JPG 130.JPG 131.JPG

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

new model of a Tang Dynasty horse...???

Any Jewelry, judy and Bakersgma like this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Thanks for bringing that up, Komo. It looked so familiar, but the words wouldn't come to the front of my brain!

Looks spray painted, especially with the spray spatter on the bottom (too close to others in a production line?)

judy and komokwa like this.
  4. billyd3us

Oh okay, I had that feeling, Thanks..

judy likes this.
  5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I think someone spray painted it themselves. I admit I was a little startled when I realized you were crouched behind it,Billy !

Any Jewelry likes this.
  6. billyd3us

Yes I think you are correct Johnny.

7. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I used to buy the white models and put the three colors on them. People bought them since they looked so close to the "real' ones. The real Tang ones were so expensive even back then.
    greg

judy likes this.
  8. billyd3us

Thanks Greg, I had a feeling it was mass produced white ones at hobby stores etc.

Draft saved Draft deleted