Featured Black glass and black faceted beads - Just curious

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by KikoBlueEyes, Jul 22, 2019.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I saw this necklace today, which consists of large, heavy, opaque, olive-shaped, black glass beads of almost 1 inch in length interlaced with smaller, though also large, black faceted beads of a unknown substance. It was clearly newly restrung by an amateur on a black ribbon, so no catches, marks or other identifying findings. I was intrigued to see what you all thought it might be or had been. Seemed older because of the type of glass beads, but I know little of jewelry so it could be yesterday. (Not my fingers)
    IMG_3410.jpg

2. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

:hilarious:. Love the disclaimer!. Hands in photos put me of buying, It's a horror I didn't realise I had until I started looking at jewellery listings. There is a particularly special one on eBay at the moment with a very pretty ladies ring on the hairiest finger I have ever seen!. My OH nearly choked on his coffee when I showed him. I carefully edit out my hands as much as possible. At least that lady has nice nails.
    Back on track- no idea about the beads sorry!

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I have the same with hands on photos. There is one seller on ebay who uses one of those 'display hands', that really creeps me out. Like the fingers of death.:eek:
    Another one sells beautiful ethnic jewellery, but has the dirtiest long fingernails you've ever seen, and insists on photographing everything held in hand.:vomit::dead:

Let's wait for the costume joolies.:)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  4. KikoBlueEyes

@KSW and @Any Jewelry. You two are a big help! :D:D I ask about some unusual beads and you each give me a paragraph about fingers. Hmmmph.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    scoutshouse, KSW, judy and 1 other person like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

The things you learn on Antiquers.:hilarious:

6. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Sorry Kiko, we are just the warm up act to keep you entertained until those that know about your beads wake up:hilarious:.

7. KikoBlueEyes

I haven't heard from @evelyb30 or @Lucille.b who are usually very generous with their comments. Perhaps, it slid by them.

scoutshouse and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted