Featured Black Glass Candlestick For ID please!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by lvetterli, Feb 11, 2018.

1. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

Good Sunday afternoon, everyone. It's been some time since I've been on here but I'm getting back into the swing of things. This candlestick is 10" tall, the base is 3 1/4" square and nothing on the base is legible with the exception of what might possibly be a capital T. Black Glass Candlestick.JPG Black Glass Candlestick (1).JPG

cxgirl, pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  2. lvetterli

Nobody? A mystery!

3. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

great to see you posting again @lvetterli :)
    I looked through the 2 candlestick books I have and found something similar - Fostoria #19. In the write-up they mention shelf supports, when I first looked at your photo that is what I thought you had. I tried to find an example of Westmoreland's #1000 candlestick but couldn't find any. I tried looking up glass shelf supports and not finding anything there either - Google isn't working well for me today though, maybe you will have better luck.
    The books I have are vol 1&2 of the glass candlestick book, there are other volumes possibly yours are in one of those.
    Here is the write-up and photo.
    DSCF3177.jpg

4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I was able to find the Westmoreland 1000 in Book 3 but the size is 9 1/2" and it was only done in crystal. Where your candlestick also differs is that it has three steps instead of two.
    Don

5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

upload_2018-2-14_22-15-30.png

#1 or #2 what you think might be a T?
    #3 Is that just scratches? or is that a possible acid etch?

judy likes this.
  6. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

Those look like marks from a not completely cleaned mold. Is the "stem" round or square?

7. lvetterli

#1 is what looks like a T. What I see at #3 looks like very faint ripples in the glass, and they pretty much disappear when I swipe a finger over them. The "stem" or upright is square but beveled. It does have a hole for a candle in the top. Thanks for the help, everyone.

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted