Black Glass with Gold Demitasse Cup and Saucer

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KikoBlueEyes, Nov 16, 2022.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I inspect every cup I see in case I find something interesting. Most are porcelain collectibles. This one was different. It is definitely glass with what appears to be a pontil scar on the cup (you can decide.) Even so I put it down as just some modern designer piece that pervades the little shop I visit. Then I looked again and decided to bring it home to see if anyone had comments on it. It is 2.5 inches tall, and the saucer is 3.5 inches in diameter. The photos are at an odd angle because the surface is so reflective you could see me in them, if they are straight on.

thumbnail_IMG_7648.jpg thumbnail_IMG_7650.jpg thumbnail_IMG_7652.jpg thumbnail_IMG_7653.jpg thumbnail_IMG_7654.jpg IMG_7602.JPG IMG_7603.JPG IMG_7605.JPG

Any Jewelry and cxgirl like this.
  2. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

3. KikoBlueEyes

4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Czech makes sense. The gilding looks right, too.

laura9797 and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  5. KikoBlueEyes

So modern pieces after all. Pretty anyway.

6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Oh, when I say Czech, I don't mean modern neccessarily. 50s or 60s.

laura9797 and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  7. KikoBlueEyes

Ohhhh. That's much better. Thank you.

Ownedbybear likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted