Featured Blue and White Glass Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Sep 7, 2016.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone - I've got a very pretty vase but no idea where to start looking. The glass is quite thin. The blue appears to be applied but near the bottom you can't catch your fingernail on it. Maybe it was heated a second time? I can't tell if it's blown, molded, or both. Any help would be much appreciated - I really am lost! Thanks in advance!
    Don

IMG_20160907_114239406.jpg IMG_20160907_114320914.jpg IMG_20160907_114249575.jpg IMG_20160907_114302719.jpg

2. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

It has a Kralik feel to it. Let me look into it.

lauragarnet and dgbjwc like this.
  3. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I like that a lot! Can't help with an ID, though. What is the size?

4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Oh, for heaven's sake, can't believe I forgot that! It's 9" tall, 3 3/4" across the top, 2 3/4" across the base.
    Don

lauragarnet and Figtree3 like this.
  5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

GORGEOUS!!!

lauragarnet likes this.
  6. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

It does have a Kralik feel to it!

The spiral reminds me of Angelo Rossi glass (in Canada near Niagra Falls?) His website does not show this piece but he did white vases with spiral colors. This looks like his style and his high level of glass blowing.

It's GORGEOUS! :happy:

Draft saved Draft deleted