Featured blue art pottery vase, arts & crafts - ish

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by drg642, Dec 28, 2021.

1. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

This vase is 10 1/2 inches tall, glaze and shape look arts & crafts era to me. Can't make out the signature. Looks like the first word stars with G, and there is a number above that looks like 124, or 127 with a European 7. Hoping someone will recognize the signature. The signature photo has been enhanced with contrast. bvs1.JPG bvs2.JPG bvs4.JPG bvs7.JPG
    I have done various searches with those numbers and art pottery or pottery vase, and not come up with anything.
    I may have asked about this vase several years ago, but I could not find it in search, so may have been on a different forum
    Thanks for any insight.

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I'd be looking at Belgian or possibly French.

dude and Bronwen like this.
  3. Msalicia

Msalicia Well-Known Member

Carol rice?? 164. Or possibly it is 167 w/ crossed 7vv

dude and Bronwen like this.
  4. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

Thanks. Quick searches on Carol Rice and using the numbers 164 or 167 did not yield. I did see a few pieces of Clifton pottery with similar glazes and shapes, but the mark is not even close.
    I thought the small word underneath might be nice, so I did some searches with nice, france and didn't come up with anything.
    Will continue searching...

judy, dude and Bronwen like this.
  5. JB Miller

JB Miller Well-Known Member

The name is Carol Price, apparently from California. Here are two different listings showing the name more clearly, LINK, LINK.

judy, dude, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  6. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

judy, dude, Bronwen and 1 other person like this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The number looks like 124 from here. Probably not much help; I'd bet it's the glaze color or style number.

judy and dude like this.
  8. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I'd never have guessed California with that glaze. Nice pot.

judy, dude and johnnycb09 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted