Featured Blue bulbous vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by John Brassey, Aug 6, 2020.

1. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

134AD366-FDD7-493D-921A-8B1CBC3640D6.jpeg D6CA94BE-2C03-464A-8E82-183D7F960F1C.jpeg CA602343-2D8F-44DC-A72E-3CA8BBBCDC48.jpeg 134AD366-FDD7-493D-921A-8B1CBC3640D6.jpeg D6CA94BE-2C03-464A-8E82-183D7F960F1C.jpeg I’ve had this for over thirty years. I was just doing a bit of dusting a realised that I have never identified it and, now that I’ve found this forum, it might be worth asking. It’s about 27cm tall and reminds me of Ruskin type glazes.

anybody recognise the impressed mark?

Thanks as always

John

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

3. John Brassey

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Such a pretty vase, it seems like it should be known. This is more of a question than an answer since I haven't found it in the online sites for British potters I've tried but then it's hard to know for sure what the letter is. Could be a T or I or something else I can't think of.

Since I'm guessing it's most likely British or European I wonder if you have the book British Studio Pottery Marks by Yates-Owen and Fournier? I've considered getting it at various times but I'd seldom have reason to use it so don't have it yet. Don't actually know if it's any good but was curious if you have been able to check there.

Tried to look here:
    http://bispm.co.uk/search.php

http://www.studiopottery.com/cgi-bin/makerindex.cgi?p1=0

(rotated it to save my neck):)
    upload_2020-8-6_12-38-0.png

5. John Brassey

Thank you. Yes I’ve got that book but not found this Mark in it. It’s not important to find it as it’s not going anywhere. I was just curious. I think it’s two letters on top of each other but say T over W perhaps. Thanks for trying.

say_it_slowly likes this.
  6. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

It’s absolutely beautiful.

7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It's an airbrushed glaze. MIght be worth asking on the British Studio Pottery Facebook page. I do think it's a factory, tho'.

John Brassey likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted