Blue Delphite

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Iowa Jayhawk, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

At one time I knew the manufacturer of this set, but for some reason it escapes me now. Anyone have an idea by chance? I want to say McKee, but can't find it. Delphite.JPG

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I hesitate to bring this up but I get a nagging feeling that I've seen this pattern before. I keep feeling that back 15 or so years ago there was quite a lot of modern reproduction opaque glass on the market. I added a few modern "jadite" mugs and sugar pourers to use on a regular basis that were a pretty good match to a little old McKee jadite I have.

Anyway, I keep thinking it was offered during that time however the pieces like yours I've found online just say "vintage" without anything more conclusive. I'd think somewhere out there are catalogs of the new "depression" opaque glass that was around but I don't have them.

I did look through my Jadeite book and my milk glass book without seeing this pattern. Sorry:(

i need help and judy like this.
  3. Iowa Jayhawk

Yeah, I do seem to remember things that way as well. I had it listed awhile back, and even remember that I thought I had a good identification on it, but in a moment of fat-fingering, I managed to delete the post. Oh well, I will keep looking. None of my books have it either. Thanks for the try, its always appreciated.

Ghopper1924, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

i need help, Ghopper1924 and judy like this.
  5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I would look to see if Mosser ever put anything out like this.

6. Sandra

Sandra Well-Known Member

How tall are they? They remind me of the children's opaque tea sets put out by Akro Agate.

7. Iowa Jayhawk

4 inches tall. We have a lot of the Akro stuff. Not the same.

Draft saved Draft deleted