Featured Blue Glass Bowl with Lightly Crimped Rim

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Nov 1, 2018.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! Can anyone help me identify who might have made the bowl and when. It measures about 5 3/4" across the rim and 3" tall. The center of bottom (pontil?) is not perfectly round. There is an area of grinding roughly an inch wide circling that bottom center. I'm assuming it's blown into a mold and hand tooled? It's a very pretty shade of blue which reminds me more of a mid-century color than earlier. There is a lot wear/scratches along the base. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!
    Don

IMG_20181101_172924098.jpg IMG_20181101_172929820.jpg IMG_20181101_172943484.jpg IMG_20181101_172952917.jpg

2. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Is it possible that this is a squat vase?
    I am just guessing, but would it be Viking glass.
    Pretty color Don.

I miss your hat avi.

i need help likes this.
  3. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

I don't know who made it, but I can say that the way the bottom is finished points away from Viking. The bottom also pretty much rules out the West Virginia glass makers such as Blenko, Pilgrim, Bishoff, etc.

i need help likes this.
  4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you, pearls! I should have my Christmas hat out soon. And thank you msgood2shoe. I will have to accept that I just have a pretty blue bowl! :happy:
    Don

i need help and pearlsnblume like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted