Blue on white desert plate? signed.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by 916Bulldogs123, Jun 1, 2014.

1. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

I am thinking Asian?
    But I could be wrong.

measures 4 3/4" diameter.

Mikey

atree 18964.jpg
    atree 18965.jpg
    atree 18967.jpg
    blue mark 1.JPG
    blue mark 2.JPG

2. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I want it. All my dishes are blue & white and mostly Asian imports.
    Anyway, it makes me wonder - on Ebay, we could check each others sales. Are we allowed here to say "look for this in my Ebay shop" or not?

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

You can add a link to your eBay listings in a siggy. If people don't want to see it, they can turn off the siggys.

The plate has a Chinese look to me, but I surely don't recognize the script. Maybe further west? Myanmar? The script looks almost Indian to me. Almost any culture in that region is likely to show a Chinese influence somewhere along the line.

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I'd been wondering if it was Turkish or something......of course I don't read Turkish so it's just a wild guess.

5. 916Bulldogs123

Bev, Do you have something with this mark in your collection?

6. olivialouis2005

olivialouis2005 New Member

I am pretty sure this is Japanese. I actually have a pair of very similar plates that I found recently but much larger. Anyway in searching for mine, I learned they are probably Japanese Arita or Imari. Here is a link to one that looks to be identical to yours. I am new to the board so hopefully the link is allowed and works here. Hope this is helpful. :)

$21.21
    http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/japanese-porcelain-scalloped-edge-288333642

7. 916Bulldogs123

Yes that is the exact same plate,
    Thank you very much olivialouis.

Mikey

Draft saved Draft deleted